Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thank You Kind Sir!


This is one of my favorite times of the year. 
1. Because people are so nice and generous. 
2. Because Thanksgiving and Christmas is about others.
3. Because this time of year is so much fun to celebrate.

At BYUI there is a devotional every tuesday and this week it was on having a generosity spirit by M. Winston Eagan.  I'd challenge all of you to listen to it! It was very inspiring. Just click on his name if you want to! His talk sparked someone and they accepted his challenge to be generous and kind. 

While I was at Taco Bell picking up some last minute lunch I got up to pay and the lady said the kind gentleman in front of you paid for your order. I had no idea who he was or anything about him. All I know is that was an act of sincere gratitude and kindness. He didn't get any satisfaction out of except being able to watch me light up and give him a BIG wave! Things like that can go a long way. You never know what kind of a day people are having. But what you do know is that you can change someones mood for the better if you just try! Act of kindness accepted and now its my turn to do something kind for someone else. 

I know that there is happiness when we give. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others with out getting a few drops on yourself.

Has that ever happened to you? What will you do for someone else?


8 comments:

  1. How sweet of him to pick up your lunch. That can really make someone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you experienced that act of gratitude! I know I would never never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of that guy! A simple act of kindness really does brighten up a day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done that a few times... never had it done for me though. Still, it feels good to do nice things for strangers "just because"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paying it forward is something I fully believe in. Good for him! Now make sure you return the favor sometime. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this, Lacey. I try to pay it forward every chance I get. The other day I was getting a hot chocolate at Starbucks, and the man in front of me paid for mine, so I paid for the person behind me. I don't know if it continued, but it was SO lovely, and so sweet.

    I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post! Cheers to paying it forward!! <3

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Outfit Post: Tips to Put Together a Unique Causal look

    ReplyDelete
  8. It s beautiful to start the day with those kind of stories. Thank u!:) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think of this post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...